>>Norton's Online Back Up<<
Swampy
2010-01-25 18:44:02 UTC
I was sitting here reading the news and came across this. I really do
not care to use Norton's anymore for anything.
http://hp.backup.com/en/trynow/

Phil was that Back Up Software you used for Free and is your things
stored online? I would refer using my External Harddrive for it.

I don't understand how SK did his on his External Harddrive. Did he
have software to do it with?
HarryPitts@ScenariosRUs
2010-01-25 19:24:32 UTC
I was sitting here reading the news and came across this.  I really do
not care to use Norton's anymore for anything.http://hp.backup.com/en/trynow/
Phil was that Back Up Software you used for Free and is your things
stored online?  I would refer using my External Harddrive for it.
I don't understand how SK did his on his External Harddrive.  Did he
have software to do it with?
SK used Acronis True Image. I use the same thing. Easy to use.

Cheers

Harry
swampygal55
Do you know if he purchased this software or was it Free?
Ringo
2010-01-25 20:14:20 UTC
I was sitting here reading the news and came across this.  I really do
not care to use Norton's anymore for anything.http://hp.backup.com/en/trynow/
Phil was that Back Up Software you used for Free and is your things
stored online?  I would refer using my External Harddrive for it.
I don't understand how SK did his on his External Harddrive.  Did he
have software to do it with?
Yes Swampy. If yours is a WD (Western Digital) HD, this download ought
to give you the capability to do a FULL IMAGE, OS, the full
encihilata>>LOL.

It may also work for other brands don't know.

Google is your Best Friend:

http://support.wdc.com/product/downloaddetail.asp

And it is FREE.
Ringo
2010-01-25 20:15:01 UTC
Post by ***@ScenariosRUs
I was sitting here reading the news and came across this.  I really do
not care to use Norton's anymore for anything.http://hp.backup.com/en/trynow/
Phil was that Back Up Software you used for Free and is your things
stored online?  I would refer using my External Harddrive for it.
I don't understand how SK did his on his External Harddrive.  Did he
have software to do it with?
SK used Acronis True Image. I use the same thing. Easy to use.
Cheers
Harry
Do you know if he purchased this software or was it Free?- Hide quoted text -
I'm right here Edith, ask me, or EMAIL me. Now stifle and get me
another beer DingBat>LOL.
swampygal55
2010-01-25 20:43:40 UTC
Post by Ringo
I was sitting here reading the news and came across this.  I really do
not care to use Norton's anymore for anything.http://hp.backup.com/en/trynow/
Phil was that Back Up Software you used for Free and is your things
stored online?  I would refer using my External Harddrive for it.
I don't understand how SK did his on his External Harddrive.  Did he
have software to do it with?
Yes Swampy. If yours is a WD (Western Digital) HD, this download ought
to give you the capability to do a FULL IMAGE, OS, the full
encihilata>>LOL.
It may also work for other brands don't know.
http://support.wdc.com/product/downloaddetail.asp
And it is FREE.
Yes mine is a Western Digital External Harddrive and I bought it at
Circuit City a few years back. This is what mine looks like.
http://forum.softpedia.com/teste/test/Western-Digital-WD-My-Book-Essential-Edition-wd25001032-001-104.html
It says mine is a 232GB, but I thought it was 250GB.
Space Used: 25.5
Free Space: 207GB
And I've had this External Harddrive for at least 3 years I think and
this all the space on it I've used.
How big is your E. HD?
Phil
I COULD TELL YOU 1000 TIMES AND YOUR STUPID ASS STILL WOULDN'T GET IT.
Phil
THE GOOD FAIERY BROUGHT IT. for real. yep.
Ringo
2010-01-26 02:38:09 UTC
Post by swampygal55
Post by Ringo
[...]
Also 250. Didn't need any bigger than my desktop's internal HD which
is 160. But 250 was the smallest. So worked out good.
swampygal55
2010-01-26 03:36:38 UTC
Post by Ringo
I was sitting here reading the news and came across this.  I really do
not care to use Norton's anymore for anything.http://hp.backup.com/en/trynow/
Phil was that Back Up Software you used for Free and is your things
stored online?  I would refer using my External Harddrive for it.
I don't understand how SK did his on his External Harddrive.  Did he
have software to do it with?
Yes Swampy. If yours is a WD (Western Digital) HD, this download ought
to give you the capability to do a FULL IMAGE, OS, the full
encihilata>>LOL.
It may also work for other brands don't know.
http://support.wdc.com/product/downloaddetail.asp
And it is FREE.
Thanks SK I saved it in my Favorite Computer Folder